Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Day at the Farm




Yesterday, we went to Farm Days put on by NC State. They do it once a year and it's a chance for kids to come and interact with farm animals. It was amazing! Avery and I spent almost three hours there just petting and holding animals. :) She is so my girl!



Avery was able to get in the pig pen and pet and chase piglets, pet a one month old kid goat, touch horses, cows and sheep, and hold rabbits and baby chicks. The highlight for her (and I) was definitley the baby chicks! It was so amazing to be able to hold those sweet fuzzy chicks and feel their soft downy fur and hear their little cheeps. Soooo cute! I think if Avery could have smuggled one out she would have.












2 comments:

Kaylynn said...

What a fun day! Something you will both remember.

Jamie Harker said...

I was lost the other day - and saw this farm store that had a sign that said "baby chicks have arrived!" and I wondered if I got one - could i return it after it was no longer a "chick" anymore. They are SOOO cute - but who wants a full on chicken...not i! Glad you had fun! I would've been a sucker for the baby goats myself!