Friday, July 9, 2010

First Day of Second Grade



I don't know how in the world it happened, but it did. I am now the mother of a second grader! Last night was Meet the Teacher night and we all went to see Sean's new classroom and meet his new teacher. I was so worried about what kind of teacher he would have because his last teacher was AMAZING and had set the bar high. But I needn't have worried. His new teacher is going to be just as amazing. I was so impressed with all the things she had in the classroom as well as her high emphasis on loving and caring for each other. I think Sean is going to do very well in her class.


When it was time to leave, she gave each student a bag filled with special things and a note about what each thing was for. I was so impressed and touched by it, I want to post it. :)

This is what it said:

An eraser to let you know that it is OK to make mistakes.

A shiny gem because each one of us is valuable.

Smarties to show that everyone is smart in their own special way.

A piece of gum so that we can all stick together.

A star to remind you that you will always shine and do your best.

A heart to show that my class is a safe and caring place.

A team pencil because I am lucky to have you on my team.

I am so excited for the year ahead and feel so grateful that once again, Sean has been blessed to have an excellent teacher.


1 comment:

Kaylynn said...

I think the hardest thing about year round school--the parents don't have enough time to get used to the idea of a first grader turning into a second grader. What a cute kid!