Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mormon Mecca

Did I mention before that we live in the mormon mecca of our ward? :) There are about 10 member families that live in our neighborhood. It's amazing! We have never had that before and I'm starting to see the advantages of it. I have a friend who goes walking with me a few nights a week and she lives just down the street! And, we also play on the volleyball team together so we carpool. And I realized just this past week, how wonderful it is to have so many members nearby when emergencies arrive: One day last week my friend and I were on our night walk when we saw an ambulance pull into another members driveway. We were able to lend assistance and help notify the bishop and home teacher. It made me realize that if we ever had an emergency, I would be blessed with lots of help and kindness.

No comments: