Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Race for the Cure




This is old, but I am still behind on catching up the blog. Last month, my fellow leaders and our young women volunteered at Race for the Cure. We have done this every year since I've been here and it is the most wonderful thing ever! My aunt Mary and my grandma Carrie Lee were both survivors of breast cancer so this is a cause dear to my heart. It is so amazing to go and support the runners as they go on a grueling physical and emotional journey to fight breast cancer. This year the girls and I did transportation so we directed the buses carrying the runners to where they needed to go. We had walkie talkies and all it was so cool. And I have to say how very proud I am of our amazing group of girls. To volunteer we have to get about around 3 am to get ready and get there by 5 am. The girls never complain and are always soooo excited to go.


1 comment:

Shanna Blythe said...

Tricia,
What a fantastic activity to do. It's nice to hear about how you are doing!