Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new....or is it old friends are the best friends?




We have been talking about getting a van forever and finally decided to just do it. Everything just sort of fell into place and we knew it was the right time. We traded in our Honda CR-V that we've had for 7 years and replaced it with a Toyota Sienna that can seat 8. I have to admit that even though I love our new van and we desperately needed the extra seats, I am missing my old friend, Hondi Hondi (the kids named it that years ago). It was our family car for 7 of the 9 years that we've been married. Sean grew up in it and Avery rode home from the hospital in it. We have taken so many vacations and trips inside it. It protected us when we were in an accident. It sounds silly to miss a car, but I found myself tearing up as my new van was parked next to it at the dealer. I just couldn't help but think of Hondi Hondi as an old friend that I was saying goodbye to. Laugh if you will, but I do miss my old friend. But in the interest of moving on, here's to all the new memories we will make in the new van. No doubt they will include a million trips to church, tae kwon do, preschool, carpooling, etc...


1 comment:

Damon B said...

How funny! I told Shanna today that it would be cool if they got a Toyota minivan,I drive one a work and it's very comfortable to drive and ride in. But what's with the different front and rear wheel covers?