Tuesday, January 5, 2010

O Holy Night


In our family, we celebrate the birth of Christ on Christmas Eve. We have a family Christmas Eve program where we read the story of Jesus' birth from the bible and make a nativity. We also sing songs, read stories, and spend the night focusing on the true meaning of Christmas, which is the celebration of our Savior's birth. This year, I bought a special Christmas star and gave one each to the kids. It was to remind them of the Savior and the night he was born, and I told them that just like that star guided the wise men and shepherds to Jesus, if we follow Jesus and his example, it can lead us back home to live with our Heavenly Father. The Savior and his life, teaching and example, are our guiding star. It was so neat to be able to share my testimony with them on such a special night.

I am so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. For His life, for His love, for His sacrifice. And I am thankful that Christmas Eve gives us a chance to really reflect and be thankful for the miracle that is His birth.

1 comment:

Kaylynn said...

I loved reading all your Christmas posts. I love the star idea...I'm going to steal it for tomorrow! We are planning on going to Great Wolf for Halloween next year b/c Halloween will be on a Sunday. A way we can make it fun, and still keep the Sabbath day Holy. I'm already counting down! Harrison also loves B. He always wants to battle!