Friday, January 22, 2010

Dinner....without the kids!!!



Last weekend, Eric and I got a sitter and went to dinner with my Mom and Dad. It was such a great thing to be able to sit and enjoy adult conversation without the kids around. :) We all chose Outback which is a family favorite....yummmm! Our waitress was kind enough to take this great picture and even gave us a free dessert to celebrate the occasion! Awesome!


We get to see my parents a lot since they are only 10 minutes down the road, but we seldom see them without the kiddos. We decided we need to do things like this more often so we can do things like see a movie, have a nice dinner, things like that. My mom was teasing me because I dressed up and put on high heels and all for our date night. Hey, sometimes it's nice to feel like a woman and not just a mommy, right?

2 comments:

Cindi said...

Oh I miss our trips to the Outback! I am glad you got a night without the kids- they are so nice- and because they happen rarely- they are even more special! Tell your Mom I said Hi!

Shanna Blythe said...

It's been a while since I've visited your blog Tricia. It sounds like you guys are doing so great and having such fun times. I love your Christmas traditions!

And your night out sounds fantabulous! I think it's fun to get dressed up and look extra nice even if its only for a dinner and a movie. And Damon likes it too! hee hee ;)

Anyway. Good to hear how you guys are doing. It sounds like you had such a great Christmas. Damon's sister paid for us to go visit them in San Diego for Christmas which was AWESOME! Her brother had some extra frequent flier miles that he let her use. We went whale watching!!! I've NEVER done that before.

I SO wish we could come visit you guys!! We need to start saving!!