Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day..A New Tradition

One night, driving home from mutual I came across this song and I couldn't help but cry. I think the words are so beautiful and true. I know what we all want is to be a safe place to fall for our kids. Here are the lyrics:

Your baby blues
So full of wonder
Your Curly Que's
Your contagious smile
And as I watch
You start to grow up
All I can do is hold you tight
Knowing

Clouds will rage in
Storms will race in
But you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down
Waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms

Story books
Are full of fairy-tales
Of kings and queens
And the bluest skies
My heart is torn just in knowing
You'll someday see
The truth for lies

Clouds will rage in
Storms will race in
But you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down
Waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms


Castles they might crumble
Dreams may not come true
Cause you are never all alone
Cause I will always
Always love you

Hey I
Hey I
Will love you

Clouds will rage in
Storms will race in
But you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down
Waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms

In my arms


The song is by the artist Plumb and she is actually a Christian artist which makes it even more amazing. She wrote the song to her kids but said they could also be from a Loving Heavenly Father to his child.

I have always disliked Mother's Day. I feel like it's turned into too much of a worship Mom day and I always feel miserable every year when it comes around because all I can think of are all the things I do wrong. :) I have been really trying to think of a new tradition we can start for Mother's Day to make it better for all of us. And not make me feel so guilty for my shortcomings. I decided to make it a celebration day between the kids and I. We will do something special, just us, and have a chance to share special memories and such with each other.

This year, I'm kicking it off by showing a video I made to the beautiful song that Plumb wrote. The video is of Sean and Avery and our lives together. Just them and I. It was a pleasure to put together and I can't wait to surprise them with it this Sunday. I hope they love it as much as I do.

I hope everyone has a Wonderful Mother's Day and that you all listen to this beautiful song. I hope it touches you guys as much as it has me.

3 comments:

Shanna Blythe said...

That is an incredible song. I loved it. I also love what you are trying to do for Mother's day. And you are a GREAT mom--don't get discouraged. No one is perfect.

Vivian said...

beautiful! happy mother's day to a great mom!!

Cindi said...

Beautiful song! Happy Mother's Day!