Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sean's First Day of School








This Thursday was Sean's very first day of school! I can't believe it! He was so excited and wanted to make sure his hair and clothes were just right. :) I drove him to school and walked him inside and as I went to give him a hug, he just kind of waved at me instead and said "Bye Mom"! What!?! He apparently was much more ready for his big day than I was. :) I tried to act cool about it and just waved bye back, but I was tearing up before I even got out of the school. I was so excited for him but all I could think of was how a chapter had closed in our lives together. I will never again be at home all day everyday witb Sean. The time I had to teach him and protect him is gone and this would be the first of many steps in letting him go. Dramatic, but true!













The hug goodbye



3 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Way to go Seany. We are so proud of you! Good job Tricia, on letting go, and on teaching him so well these past six years.

Kaylynn

Shanna Blythe said...

Yeah. He looked ready to go! Don't worry Tricia. He'll still be your boy!! What are you going to do when they are BOTH in school??!!

Tricia said...

When they are both in school, I hope to go back to school! My whales are waiting for me! :)