Wednesday, June 4, 2008

First Book Club Meeting!!!

Last night, the girls and I had our first book club meeting! It was great! We talked about what books we wanted to read and then made a schedule through the end of the year. I am having the girls take turns doing different things (conducting, treats, phone call reminders, etc...) to help them learn leadership skills. They seem excited by it. Afterall, this is their club and I'm just here to help and of course, read lots of good books! :) I had a lot of fun and look forward to even more to come. One of the things we have planned, is to go to Barnes and Noble the night the next Twilight book comes out(Breaking Dawn) for the party and of course, to get our copy of the new book! I can't wait!

I read the first Twilight book and couldn't put it down! I ended up staying up really late/early to finish it. And then, I rushed out to get the next one, New Moon. If you haven't read them yet, I HIGHLY recommend them. I haven't loved a series this much since Harry Potter. They are awesome! Stephanie Meyers writes so well that you feel as if you are present, watching everything unfold before your very eyes! Love them! This afternoon I will be buying Eclipse, the last one (for now) of the series. I can hardly wait to get started reading it!

No comments: