Monday, September 8, 2008

Updates

Hanna came through last week and she was about as dramatic as a thunderstorm. :) We had a little wind and a ton of rain, but we didn't lose power and all was well. A few flooded places here and there but nothing too severe. Ike is the one I'm worried about now. It's headed for Florida and that's where my Dad is right now. We plan to keep an eye on it and hopefully it won't strengthen as it heads for the U.S.

Now for the volleyball update...well, tryouts were nerve racking (I hate doing that kind of thing) but in the end it was worth it because I made the team! Yeah! So, now I can play once a week at church and once a week competively. I'm excited! I always feel so good after playing and it keeps me in shape which is becoming more important as I climb the hill towrads old age! :)

1 comment:

Shanna Blythe said...

Tricia,
I'm glad you guys came through okay and CONGRATS on volleyball. Volleyball was always my favorite too, as I was growing up. Of course I was never GOOD at it or anything, but I always enjoyed it!

It sounds like you are having a great time. Let us know how things work out in Florida.